As we get closer to the
1. Learn another language- Well at least enough to get by if I was abandoned and no one knew how to speak English. I was thinking Spanish.
2. Tone and Firm- I can get a free personal trainer at the base gyms. They also have group exercise classes like spin, power yoga, kettle bells and zumba.
3. Clean out and organize our study- This room has become a black hole. It is the "not sure where we should put this, so lets just put it in the study and shut the door when company comes over" room.
|Before pictures so someone can hold me accountable.|
4. Take more cake decorating classes- I took the basic class at Michael's and I really enjoyed it. They have 3 more intermediate classes that build onto it.
5. Volunteer- There are so many opportunities to give your time to the community and on base it's hard not to find something you enjoy. I have already started volunteering with some of the programs on base and I hope do a lot more.
6. SAVE LOTS OF MONEY!!! - this is the perfect opportunity to build up our savings. I also have plans of getting a job after the holidays are over. Something where I can work nights and weekends to keep me busy as well as earn a little extra moolah.
On another note, I am a little more frustrated with a shorter fuse than usual. Not sure if it is the upcoming deployment or fatigue. But I did talk to my husband and he seems to think it is the deployment. I don't usually let things like this get to me. He has gone away before (some times with only days notice and for months at a time) and it's never been a big deal to me. I mean I miss him and I am sad that he is gone, but I know it's all part of the job. A job that he loves doing. I know that he couldn't be happier doing anything else and that always makes it okay. Sometimes I think it shocks him how okay I am with it. He always explains where, when and why he's going multiple times thinking that I don't understand because I'm not upset. I've told him that I understand that his job takes him away a lot and has long hours. I've accepted that and try to be as supportive as I can because I know he loves his job. It doesn't matter how upset or worried I get, it's not going to make his command let him stay home. So, I'm a little upset that this is getting to me. I want to make the best out of this situation and getting frustrated at people and the things happening around me is not going to help at all. Just need to find some motivation to get through this because it hasn't even started yet.